The objectives of the Estonian Relief Committee include:
- The promotion of Estonian history and culture in Australia;
- The teaching and promotion of literature, design, crafts, performing arts, radio, TV, moveable cultural heritage, music, community arts, video, visual arts, film, etc which is of Estonian origin;
- The preservation and promotion of Estonian language skills;
- The promotion and development of cultural relationships between Estonia and subsequent generations of Estonian descent, born in Australia;
- To facilitate cultural exchanges between groups with similar objectives from Australia and Estonia; and
- To consolidate and coordinate with like Australian organisations with cultural ties to Estonia.